Booster seat built for top comfort
As a parent, you must be ready to make life comfortable for your baby and give it everything it needs while it is still small to ensure it grow healthy and strong and in good mental condition.
Recaro booster seat
Do not forget that these kids will soon grow up and you will never have another opportunity to pamper them. You should therefore not pass on the little pampering opportunity you have now. Give it all it takes to get all it contains. One of the things needed by your kid is booster seat.
Made for different age groups
It is a high-backed seat and it is used by children in groups 1 to 3 stage of development. Children in group 1 can travel facing forward, but traveling or sitting position of children tends to change as they outgrow this early stage and the best way to adapt to the change is by getting them the right booster seat for their age and weight.
Booster seat is designed for kids from 6 months onward. Some booster seat do not come with integral harness useful in holding the child in place and this is one of the factors that a parent must consider when buying them. It makes use of the seat belt built into the car seat and this helps to keep the child secured, since the belt is strapped around the child.
Booster seat can be designed for different age groups and the design differs with the particular age group. Booster seats for group 1 and 2 do come with integral harness, unlike those for group 3. The child graduates to stage 3 when it has increased in weight to about 100 pounds.
Types of booster seats
booster seats are of different types and this write up will look into the various types available in the market to enable you make the right choice when making your purchase.
- Britax booster seat: It is considerably affordable and it comes with harness to ensure the baby’s complete security while the car is in motion. It is adaptable to all forms of car seats too. Its highback build makes it one of the most secured for your child and it is better for kids less than 35 pounds in weight. It is made available in various design and colors to enable individuals make their choices. It is included with double strap belts with which the kid can be secured to the car seat. The strap belts are easy to adjust to ensure complete comfort of the baby. The baby can be strapped in, both at the front and sides.
- Evenflo booster seat: This is yet another very special booster seat and it has made a name for itself already. The straps are very easy to adjust and they are rather soft and durable. They do not cause too much friction on the shoulders and waist of the baby. The belt can be easily replaced if it gets damaged. The booster seat is rather colorful too and it can be easily cleaned. It is made with soft and water-repellant materials and it does not get soaked easily. The booster seat is highly portable and can be transported very easily around. Each unit is built with cup holder and the holder is expandable to accommodate different sizes of cups. It is relatively big and it looks better in an equally wide car seat. It is important to secure it always even when it is not in use. The installation is very easy, same for its use. It gives the baby a big-person kind of look. It is a backless booster and this makes it more portable than the conventional high back booster being sold around.
Other types are:
- Recaro booster seat, which is found to be in accordance with international standard and it comes with Side Impact Protection that is racing –inspired. It features foam air cushion and it fulfills side impact protection requirements. The foam is energy absorbing too.
- Fisher price booster seat, which comes in various colors. It equally has feeding tray and can be washed using dishwasher. It comes with snap-on lid to improve on safety. It promotes healthy feeding too and has three height adjustments.
- Graco booster seat, which is a high back booster seat. It is among the most acceptable types of boosters seats. It has been taken through crash tests and it has been found to meet up with safety standards in the United States. It can be converted between high back and backless, depending on what is more suitable for the baby and it can be used for years on end.
The best booster seat you can ever buy is one with adjustable seat belt and it is always better to go for the backless ones than the high back ones. It should be able to keep the baby secured even when the car is moving on rough terrains.
Most of the booster seats are able to bear baby’s weight between 30 and 120 pounds. Kids smaller or bigger than this range must not be put into the seat for safety reasons; this is one of the simple booster seat laws a parent must keep in mind always.
Other laws guiding the use of booster seat are listed below:
- The child must not be less than 6 months old.
- The child must be at least 145 inches in height.
- Six months old kids must face the rear while being secured and kids older than 6 months can face either the front or the rear.
- Any booster seat to be used must have inbuilt harness to ensure safety and security.
- The booster seat must not be placed at the front seat, especially if it is to be used for a kid younger than 4 years.
- Suitable sash and lap should be used in securing kids in the booster seat. The seatbelt must also be adjusted properly. It must be adequately fastened too. Never put the child in a booster seat bigger than its age or in one smaller than its age.
The requirements above must be adapted to when using booster seat. They help you get the best out of them.