What is belly bandit?
It is a specially designed girdle-like material for the belly. What does it do? It can help to compress the woman’s belly after delivery. After delivery, the tummy tends to get bigger. This is due to the loss of elasticity in the belly tissue. Pregnancy tends to extend the tissues, muscles and skin around the belly and this extension tends to remain long after delivery.
How helpful it is
The belly bandit can help to return the belly back to its normal size and shape, making it firm and flat. This does not occur overnight, but it occurs with consistent use.
Many women have used it and they have testified to its effectiveness. All you require is patience and the belly bandit will work wonders beyond your expectation.
The uterus tends to expand during pregnancy, but the belly bandit can help to return it back to its normal smaller shape. Water retention occurs in the body as a result of post pregnancy extension and this will lead to bloating. This situation can be easily controlled with the aid of the belly bandit.
This item equally provides needed support for the back and the legs post-postpartum. A breastfeeding mom can equally benefit a lot from the belly bandit; it provides needed support to make breastfeeding easier for both the mom and the baby.
If the truth must be told, the belly bandit is the most reliable of all the items designed for this purpose and it can get the job done faster than them all.
Can it be used during pregnancy?
The answer is a big NO! This item can never and should never be put on during pregnancy; it is only designed for post-pregnancy use. Any attempt to use it while in pregnancy may lead to premature contraction, leading to premature delivery, which may graduate to a number of other health complications.
The belly bandit may function as a girdle, but it is not actually a girdle. Consequently, no one will ever know that you are putting it on. It can be worn without any tell-tale swelling under your dress and it can be worn anywhere you go.
It does not cause any discomfort and you will not have to adjust or shift it in public. No one will ever know that you are putting it on except those that you tell.
Made in various types
There are different types of belly bandit and you should be fully aware of them before you go out to make your purchase. The belly bandit is so comfortable and it is breathable. It is available in different sizes and you are free to go for any that best fits your sizing.
It is designed to ensure easy adjustment, making it easy for women of different sizes to use it conveniently. It is equally light in weight, which makes it very easy to wear. It has never been reported to irritate the skin and it can be worn very easily under any kind of dress you can ever think of; it behaves more or less like a second skin.
Effect on stretchmark
You will find the belly bandit highly effective against those pregnancy-related stretchmark. Stretchmark occurs when the body tissue is extended beyond elastic limit and it begins to “break”.
The belly bandit helps to push back the sagging skin into its right position and this will help to cover up the stretchmark and give you your life back. However, the belly bandit does not work alone against the stretchmark; it requires your contribution too. What contributions are expected from you? You are required to eat right and also work out.
Belly bandit reviews
The belly bandit is made available in different forms. The main ones are discussed below:
- Belly Bandit Original
It is available in three different colours, which are black, nude and white and you can buy any that best appeals to you. This type is made with two main materials, which are lycra an polyester. Lycra makes up about 25% of the material, while polyester makes up the remaining 75%.
- Belly Bandit Conture
The material has a great similarity with bathing suit material. It is available in funky, fun and hip prints. The outer covering is made of polyester 100%, while the inner lining is made of two materials, vis-à-vis spandex and polyester. Spandex makes up about 8% of the inner lining, while polyester makes up the remaining 92%.
- Belly Bandit Bamboo
It is undoubtedly the softest form of belly bandit you can ever come by. It is made available either in natural or black colour. The beautiful thing about it is that it is eco-friendly.
It has a natural antimicrobial effect too. Mothers that went through C-section will find this more useful than any of the others mentioned earlier; this is because of its moisture wicking feature. The outer layer is made of 5% spandex and 95% bamboo.