Feed your baby effortlessly
Medela breast pump does exactly what its name suggests. It has been in used for quite a while now and it had never been known to fail. It does its job just as desired by the mother and it is cost effective.
Its affordability is however just one of the several factors that makes it the best for you as a mother. It is a breast pump designed for daily use. Mothers who need to feed their kids on daily basis have never come by a better choice of breast pump as this.
It does not cause any unwanted injury on your breast like is the case with some other breast pumps out there. It is very easy to use and its soft feel makes it the best if you have to pump your breast for a number of times in a day.
What are the components and parts of the medela breast pump?
The components are listed below:
- All the components are packed inside a tote bag
- It contains an integrated motor unit that acts as the power source for the pump
- It comes with a battery pack, which provides the power needed for the pump to function. The battery pack ensures the medela breast pump can still be used even if there is no AC power supply. The battery pack can be charged also.
- It comes with an AC adapter, which can be plugged to the main source of power supply. This helps to save the battery. The battery pack included can be charged using this power adapter.
- It features an insulated cooler bag too. This helps to store the breast milk after it has been pumped.
- Ice pack is included in each of the bags and this helps a lot to cool the breast milk after collection to ensure they remain in the best of state nutritionally.
- Each unit comes with breast milk bottle of 5 ounce capacity for collecting the pumped out breast milk.
- It also features a breast shield that is 24 millimetres in length. If the mother has to apply the medela breast pump in public, she can use the shield to cover her breast and create some privacy in public places.
- It equally comes with Personal Fit tubing, valve and connector. They are made to fit perfectly with the breast. They ensure the breast milk being collected does not get wasted or stain the mother.
- Each unit of the medela breast pump equally comes with end user instructions manual. The instructions manual is written in language easy to understand.
Features of medela breast pump
The medela breast pump has some features that make it one of the best you can ever come by around. Some of these features are looked into below:
- The pump is made of canvas and this helps to improve on its durability and makes it long lasting.
- Each unit of the medela breast pump comes with a bottle holder built into it. This helps to hold the breast milk bottle and therefore prevent any breast milk spill, either during collection or storage.
- The medela breast pump can be operated using both AC power supply and AA battery. This ensures power failure never acts as a limitation and the mother can make use of the pump any time she feels like it.
- The breast milk expression technology is in 2 phases. It can be controlled via a let down button by single touch.
- Each unit of the medela breast pump weighs about 7 pounds; it is therefore light in weight and can be carried around rather easily without any feeling of extra weight.
- It is made using a BPA-free material.
- Its components ensure it is the best for storing your pumped breast milk against when it is required by your hungry baby.
- Most of them are made as advanced pump in style. They can pump both breast at the same time too. The double electric pump design is very common.
On no account must you share the medela breast pump with anyone else. They are made for single use and sharing them with another mother will expose you to health risk and this can also adversely affect the performance of the pump. Such will lead to void of warranty on the unit.
Different types of medela breast pump
Some of the types available out there are highlighted below:
- Medela swing breast pump, which can be used outside the home and when you are at home. It contains all that is needed for easy breast milk collection.
- Medela freestyle breast pump, which is a double electric pump for breast milk. Additionally, it can be used hands free. The mother can use it while using her hands for other tasks.
- Medela symphony breast pump, which is also a double electric breast pump and it is the first to be made with two-phase expression technology.
- Medela harmony manual breast pump, which comes with one of the most intuitive expression technologies for pumping breast milk.
- Medela pump in style breast pump
The medela pump in style breast pump is undoubtedly the most commonly used among them. It comes both in the simple and advanced form and it is very easy to use. Set up is equally easy and you will not require any professional help to do this.
All the parts of this particular breast pump is free from BPA or DEHP. No latex rubber is used in making it. This ensures the mother is safe from possible health complications.
Each unit comes with a set of tubing and they perfectly fit into the breast milk bottle. Each unit equally comes with bra pad, which are disposable. The bra pads are 8 in number. It equally features 2 membranes.
Organization and storage are made very easy with the drawstring bag included in the unit. The breast shields in it are medium in size and 2 in number. The whole unit weighs about 2.5 pounds and it is therefore very easy to carry about without feeling of extra weight.